Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Old McDonald had a farm

Little did I know that in the middle of a residential neighborhood, someone had a full blown farm in their back yard. They sell fresh eggs but also welcome anyone who wants to look at the animals. As much as I'd love fresh eggs, at $3.50 a dozen, I think I'll stick with my free WIC eggs from Walmart. Thanks Kimiko for letting us come along. Needless to say, Addie already wants to go back to Old McDonalds farm.

With an oink, oink here...
and a ? ? there (what sound does a peacock make?)

If you ask Addie how a turkey goes, she says "wacka wacka".

Surprisingly the cats were her favorite.



As a side note. I was reminded of growing up in San Marcos and Mom having Eric and I go get fresh eggs down the street. We'd take the wagon and definitely ride on top of them together down the hill on the way home. How we never broke any of those eggs is a miracle.




4 comments:

Hannah said...

"with a cluck cluck here...."

Great pics!

kimmie kimmie coconut said...

how cute! I totally remember the egg farm too. I got hired by them to walk their 3 big dogs 2 or 3 times a week! Funny!

brooke said...

that looks like fun! addie is such a cutie. and honestly? what sound DOES a peacock make?

Amanda Mueller said...

Addie is just too cute! I believe that Fozzy makes the waka waka sound! :)