Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Crafty Thanks

As I was packing up my crafty items today, I realized that I have a lot of people to thank for supporting my new found hobby.

I send a big thanks out to Grama for her box of vintage fabric. I was like a kid in a candy store and can't wait to make some awesome purses with the trendy prints. I loved this grey wool she sent. Thanks Kimmie for the original top that this is a copy of!

Thank you Mom for parting with a bunch of your fabric stores to the new hoarder of the family. I couldn't have made Grama's Christmas place mats without it. I've had some fun with little projects like the gift recipe bag above. I'm trying to think of cheap gifts and who doesn't want a bag of my favorite recipes, huh?

This baby blanket deserves the thanks of Andrea. Thanks for letting me use your awesome sewing machine to quilt it. If you ever find your machine missing, it's because I stole it! You saved me tons of time, thanks.
Congrats to Lexy and Robert on their new little baby boy, Deacon!!!


I threw in this picture for kicks. My super climber Carter is just loving all the piles of boxes from packing for Utah. It's his own personal jungle gym around here!


4 comments:

kimmie kimmie coconut said...

Oh my gosh Rachelle you have really gotten good at Sewing! You got mom and Grama's gene! I love everything! I can't wait to see what you make me for my birthday! :-) Just kidding. Carter is super cute being jungle boy too!

Amanda Mueller said...

OMG Carter looks so much like Bobby! I feel like there is a pic of Bobby somewhere in pajamas just like that! Hope you all start feeling better soon!

heidi said...

You are so talented! When you get here, you will have to teach me to sew. I can't use a pattern to save my life. Have you found a place to live yet? Let us know where. We just sold our house and are looking around. Can you say neighbors???

tali said...

The sewing prodjects look awesome!! If you guys need a place to stop on your way to Utah you are always welcome here, even if it is just for lunch we would love to see you.