Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Joy in sleeplessness

Before you read this, please keep in mind that I've been up since 3:30 am. It was just one of those nights. All you mothers know what I mean. I hear my little guy screaming (not like him at all) at 3:30 and go in to find his arm stuck in the crib and of course he was wide awake. Did I mind? Getting my body out of bed was tough but the sweet cuddles I received were priceless. He's so wiggly now a days, that I cherish each good snuggle session. I get him back to sleep a little after four. My eyes had barely closed when I heard screaming from the other room in the form of "Mommy!". I go into Addie's room and see her visibly shaking in bed (it was cold). She just kept saying "Mommy, I wet. I want mommy cuddles." I lift up her blankets to find her naked and very wet underneath. She must have stripped down after we put her to bed. Silly girl. I get some clothes on her and take her to bed with me. I'm way to lazy to fix her bed at 4:30 in the morning. Again, did I mind? Not really, the cuddles that I got totally made up for the interuption in sleep. After a little over an hour of having to scratch her back, she wanted her juice, bear and bed. I fixed it all up and then tried to catch some sleep until Carter woke up for his bottle and was loud enough to wake Addie up too. And now here I am.

Sure I'm tired and I'm probably not going to have a Super-Mom day. But I had a joyful night. For as much as I blog about the crazy things my kids may be doing, I hope that they and everyone knows how much I love and ADORE my kids. They are my life and bring me happiness like I've never known. Snuggles from them are like gold to me. Ever since Addie came into my life I have been an all around happier person (well once I got past post-pardom of course), and Carter just added to that. I sure wish that I lived around family so that you all could share in the happiness that they bring. Well I'm off to try to put Carter down for his morning nap. You better believe that I'm going to try to nap on the couch while Addie watches cartoons. Aren't I a great mom!




6 comments:

Abs said...

Isn't it so true that we share the crazy things more because they are funny or exasperating, but what keeps us going is the sweetness and the love.

The pictures are darling!

Papa said...

You didn't say anything about Bobby wanting to cuddle that evening...

kimmie kimmie coconut said...

Oh my gosh! Totally know what you ment! I loved this blog! by the way... you look great!!!! You are getting skinny minny girl! I LOVE your hair cut and color too! Wowza! Hot momma!

Amanda Mueller said...

Rachelle, I hope that I am as good of a mom as you are some day! Also, you look INCREDIBLE! You are soo tan and I LOVE your hair!

brooke said...

So pretty you are my friend! And your cuties couldn't be more cute! When, oh when, are you going to live closer to me? I'm SOOO voting for UCSD!! PLEASE!!??

Rachelle said...

Just had to say that I haven't had my hair cut or colored since June, and if I appear tan it's because I'm next to Addie. Looks can be deceiving!!