Sunday, November 23, 2008

42-7

Another year, another win for Jim Tressel and the Buckeyes. I must admit it is a good time to be an Ohio State fan. After growing up watching John Cooper go 1-8-1 versus that team up north, this is just sweet, sweet redemption. Tressel is now 7-1 against that team up north, the Buckeyes have their first ever 5 game winning streak against them, and 42-7 is the biggest margin of victory since 1968. It was a beautiful day. On a side note, a buddy of mine told me a joke the other day that I thought was good. People were worried about Michigan making it down to Columbus because they couldn't get past Toledo. Priceless.

2 comments:

Papa said...

Forget football, how did Rachelle's quilting team do against the undefeated Martinez Redfingers?

Mama Jo said...

Ok...Just need to clarify a few things. I am definately not waning in my love for Michigan. I do like (not love) Ohio State and will root for them as long as they are NOT playing Michigan. I think it's genetically impossible to be born in Michigan and ever wane in your love for Michigan football. The other point I would LOVE to make is the overall record in the Michigan vs Ohio State rivalry..hmm I believe that belongs to Michigan...58-42...Keep dreaming Bobby. The Maze and Blue will be back and strong as ever in a few years.