Thursday, November 13, 2008

My fingers hurt

A new found hobby of mine is definitely now quilting. All the thanks for this joy has to go to my little quilting group here in Augusta (you guys rock!). I have to say that I didn't know what I was getting myself into. We started a friendship quilt and I'm thinking that it may take me till I leave Augusta to finish it. I'm doing this whole thing by hand because I don't own one of those fancy machines that gives me any other option. Needless to say, my fingers really do hurt. Yes Mom, I am forming some very handy callouses. I think that I finally understand the phrase "she who dies with the most fabric wins". Keep sending me your scraps Mom.


Addie saw me working on it the other day (I don't do it around her because Addie + needles = disaster) and she came running up to me saying "Oh Mommy, it perfect. It all done and it perfect". She is my sweetheart! Oh how I wish both were true.

6 comments:

Abs said...

It looks awesome! I haven't even pieced my top yet....

brooke said...

That's awesome you have a quilting group! Quilting really is so therapeutic. WHEN you move to San Diego...we shall quilt together. It will be great! (hint, hint)

Hannah said...

It's look SO great!! I love how you have decided to quilt it, just inside the lines. I really think it brings out all the neat patterns.

Can't wait to see the finished product... I bet you can't, either!

kimmie kimmie coconut said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! You have a hidden talent that came to you by way of Grama!!! That is beautiful Rachelle! That is one thing some day I would love to learn to do! I have tons of scraps you can take back with you! I bought a bunch when I was going to join a quilting group in Hawaii, but never got to it! That is awesome Rachellie!

Amanda Mueller said...

Wow, that's sooo cool, I like Addie stay away from needles, you are so talented at that stuff, I marvel at my Mom's pillow everytime I'm over there, I think that stuff is so cool but I could never do it myself!

Papa said...

Rachelle Amish Ranc...not bad for a little girl who put thimbles in her nose.